Wednesday 9 July 2008

Joe Lean Keen On Glastonbury Festival Crowds

Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong played the biggest gig of their lives and described it as “the best experience we’ve ever had. It was bonkers, it blew my mind.”


Joe Lean was eager to tell Gigwise how much he loved the festival crowd and admitted his shock at the number of punters who saw his Other Stage set.


“We were really surprised the crowd was so big,” he said. “When I come here as a punter I stay in the little tents during the day, so I was amazed how many people turned up and were into us.”


The much-hyped band are desperate to show they are worthy of the attention, with Joe admitting it can cause him problems. “We’re still a new band, we’ve only played 100 gigs.


“All the hype is a blessing and a curse. We’ve had a rough time, but we’re trying to justify the faith people have in us, and having a great time too.”


Amongst the backstage mayhem, the singer claims he gets overawed by celebrities, but has admirers of his own. “I get starstruck all the time meeting all of these brilliant artists.


“Not quite the same thing this, but Lily Allen has been winking at me.”


Explaining his hectic schedule, he said: “We’ve had three days off in four months. I don’t even have a home, it’s a strange life, but I love it.”


Stay tuned to Gigwise for more Glastonbury gossip.




See Also